What is CrossFit Exercise?
CrossFit is a strength, conditioning, and overall body workout. It is not just a workout but a lifestyle. It is a type of high-intensity interval training. But it can be done by everyone, be it someone who is just starting his fitness journey or someone who has been trained for long years. Another positive point about this type of workout is that it suits people of all age groups.
For developing muscles, various workouts can be done, including squats, push-ups, and weight lifting. This differs from a traditional workout.
The workouts are so effective, according to CrossFit Journal, because they emphasize the aspects of weight, distance, and speed, which generates high levels of power in the practitioner. CrossFit workouts usually include kettlebells, rowers, and cycles.
CrossFit appears to entail a lot of weights, reps and yelling at first appearance, but we promise that they can be done entirely at home. To keep things easy, you can do most of these workouts with just your body weight. Add some dumbbells or kettlebells to the mix if you want to boost the ante. What if you don’t have any weights?
Try CrossFit exercise material available at home:
- Milk/water jugs or laundry detergent bottles
- Heavy books
- Sacks of rice
- Heavy backpacks
Some of the exercises which can be counted as CrossFit are as follows:
Burpees are a versatile exercise that can help you build strength and endurance while burning calories and improving your cardio fitness. A burpee is a two-part exercise that consists of a push-up followed by a leap into the air. Doing several burpees in a row can be exhausting, but it may be worth it if you’re looking for a way to build strength and endurance while burning calories and improving your cardio fitness.
What is the correct way to do a burpee?
- Begin in a squat stance, knees bent, back straight, and feet shoulder-width apart.
- Drop your hands to just inside your feet on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your feet back with your weight on your hands, so you’re on your hands and toes and in a push-up position.
- Do one push-up while keeping your body straight from head to heels. It’s important not to let your back slump or your butt in the air.
- Jump your feet back to their starting position to perform a frog kick.
- Reach your arms over your head as you stand.
- Quickly leap into the air and land back where you began.
By performing the side twist, which works in the transverse plane and strengthens muscles like the obliques that you may be missing with your straight-up-and-down crunches and sit-ups. Side twists can also assist improve your posture, and there is no better core exercise to prepare for life with a paddle than side twists.
What is the correct way to do a side twist?
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground to begin.
- Then lean back until your upper body forms a 45-degree angle with the ground.
- Throughout the exercise, keep your back straight at this angle, though it will be easy to slump your shoulders forward.
- Brace your core and lift your legs off the ground by linking your hands in front of your chest.
- Rotate your arms completely to one side, then do the same thing in the opposite direction.
- Set a timer for a minute and keep twisting until the beep goes off, or count it as one rep and aim for 20 total.
Mountain climbers are a high-intensity bodyweight exercise that works for numerous muscle groups simultaneously, improving balance, agility, coordination, strength, flexibility, and blood circulation.
What is the correct way to do a Mountain Climber?
- Begin with your hands shoulder-width apart and directly behind your shoulders in a press-up position.
- Pull your right knee towards your chest as rapidly as you can without letting it touch the floor, then return to the starting position.
- Step 2 should be repeated with your left leg.
- Continue till you achieve the required number.
This is a calisthenics workout, which means it’ll help you improve your cardiovascular health and metabolism. The number one technique to burn fat is to raise your heart rate, and knowing how to do Jumping Jacks is a wonderful total-body exercise for doing just that!
What is the correct way to do a jumping jack?
- Begin by standing with your legs together, knees slightly bent, and hands resting on your thighs.
- Open the arms and legs out to the sides while keeping the knees bent. The arms are raised above the head, and the knees are wider than the shoulders.
- Return to your starting position by closing your arms and legs to your sides.
- Continue till you achieve the required number.
Jump squats should be executed carefully to avoid injury and get the most out of the workout because of its difficulty. Before you start doing jump squats, make sure you understand the basics of take-off and landing, proper jumping technique, and the mechanics of creating and absorbing force.
What is the correct way to do a jumping squat?
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees bent slightly.
- Squat down to a full squat stance by bending your knees.
- Extend through the legs and engage the quads, glutes, and hamstrings to propel the body up and off the floor. The feet will be a couple of inches (or more) off the floor when the legs are completely stretched.
- Descend and manage your landing by moving through your foot (toes, ball, arches, heel) before returning to the squat for another high and powerful jump.
- Just as you touch the ground, repeat the last jump.
These are some of the exercises which can be done as a part of CrossFit. They can be even better if included the right weights with them. Moreover, a mixture of such exercises can make you strong and maintain the optimum weight. Nothing can stop you from being fit.