Nutritional Value of Apple
Health Benefits of Apple
- Decreases risk of diabetes and reduces cholesterol – Apple has soluble fibres which help in reducing the swings in the level of sugar. This in turn helps in reducing the risk of diabetes.
- Help overcome constipation – The fibers in an apple help in pulling water from your colon and aid better motions in case of constipation.
- Makes you feel full and reduce weight – If you opt for fibrous food like apples, they take more time to digest, hence they make you feel full for a long time.
- It strengthens your immunity – Apple contains phytochemicals such as catechin, phloridzin and chlorogenic acids, all of which are strong antioxidants
- Great source of nutrition – Apple are a great source of nutrients like Vitamin C, B Complex Vitamins, dietary fibers, phytonutrients, and minerals such as calcium, potassium and phosphorous .
- Can help in preventing or treating anemia – Anemia is characterized by the deficiency of hemoglobin, a molecule found in the red blood cells, apple can help in treating this health issue.
- Makes your teeth strong – Eating apples help in cleaning both teeth and gums. When you bite into an apple, the fiber in it cleanses the teeth.